Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bright pink and orange Mother's Day

This card just makes me happy. I don't usually pair together hot pink and orange but I'm going to start doing it more often! I wanted to make a fun Mother's Day card for my mother-in-law this year.
The ribbon has been in my stash forever but it always seems to wide for me to use it. It worked perfectly here and I picked up the colors from it to use in the rest of the card. I've been trying to use my millions (OK, really dozens) of embossing folders more often so I used this one as the entire background panel. I think it's made my Darice as most of mine are. I used the Ranger Blending Tool to lightly blend Tangerine Colorbox Fluid Chalk ink to emphasize the flowers and circles. I rounded the corners with my Corner Chomper (I have the aqua one), ran it through my Xyron, wrapped a piece of ribbon around the edges and attached the panel to a hot pink card.

I stamped the sentiment (a little crookedly) on white cardstock with the tangerine ink then mounted it on hot pink cardstock. I sprayed a white Prima flower with Stephanie Barnard Colorbox dye spray ink in Guava, attached it to the card with a Zot glue dot after it dried, layered on a white flower and topped it with an orange gem. I added a gem to the other end of the sentiment strip after I glued it under the ribbon. Finally I tied a bow and adhered it over the ribbon with a glue dot. The bow would probably have been to lumpy to mail but thankfully we were delivering it by hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment