Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dad

Today is my dad's birthday. I am a bad daughter in that I forgot to call him and he had to call me! But he didn't know I didn't call since he wasn't home and figured I'd just left a message on his answering machine. Yes most people would call his cell (which he was calling me from) but my parents never have their phones on. So annoying!

Anyway, I don't feel that I'm too bad of a daughter because I did send him this lovely birthday card, which should have arrived on time.

I finally used the rub-ons for glittering that I bought months ago. They don't work quite as well as I hoped but not bad. Also the blue glitter didn't quite match the DCWV patterned paper (summer stack, I believe) which was leftover from creating this layout:

This layout was one of the first that I actually used a sketch to create. I used stickers from the 2008 DCWV spring sticker stack. Some of them are flocked and glittered and I always like the bling. I also make the brown letter stickers by inking up some white ones. I added a little glitter shine with Making Memories glitter glaze paint.
I also made my dad this rockin' Father's Day card so I think he should know I love him! I think the bird and branch are Autumn Leaves stamps.
Happy birthday, dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment