Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wedding Card


The wedding card I promised. This look me FOREVER to put together for some reason. I just couldn't get started on it. I knew I wanted to use the monogram in the center (that I designed for them and they used on the invitations, menus, programs, etc.) and the piece of goldish cardstock that my SIL left at my house when she was here folding the covers of the programs. I also had some gold patterned paper lying around that I used on a scrapbook page a few days ago (hey, I should post that!) And their secondary color is pink.


I used a cream card like I used for their shower card. Which I actually think came out better than the wedding card, but oh well. Unfortunately I wasn't able to scan that before I gave it to them so will have to ask for it back one of these days since the photo I took of it is awful.

I cut the goldish cardstock .25 inches shorter on both sides than the 5 by 7 card I made from cream cardstock. I cut the swirl patterned paper (from Target! Love the $ spot) .25 inches smaller than that. I ran both pieces through my Xyron 900, layered them and then wrapped wide gold ribbon (leftover from wrapping the bouquet stems from my own wedding) around it lengthwise and attached to the card.

I cut a piece of pink paper from my scrap folder into a 3.5 inch square and rubbed it with a Frost VersaMark pad (new purchase from Joann.com) to make it shimmery. I cut a piece of the gold cardstock .25 inches smaller and rounded the corners. I ran both pieces through my Xyron and attached to the upper center of the card.

I printed the monogram on the same cream paper as I made the card with. I punched it with my Marvy scallop circle punch and attached it with foam squares (love those!). I painted a grungeboard heart (new purchase from AC Moore) with pink Making Memories paint and let it dry. Then I painted it with Aleene's tacky glue and dumped Martha Stewart's white glitter on it (on clearance at AC Moore recently). I'm finding that this method of glittering chipboard works really well for me, although I'm open to other suggestions.

I attached the glittered heart with glue dots. I adhered the chipboard sticker (Marcella, I believe. 99 cents for a whole sheet of glittered chipboard wedding stickers. From a lucky jaunt to a discount store in NJ.) Then I cut off three separate strips of pearls and attached them over the ribbon and then stuck a larger pearl in each corner of the pink mat. The pearls I think are from Michaels.

I didn't intend this to be a budget project but it certainly worked out that way! Which is a good thing since it will be accompanied by a check...

No comments:

Post a Comment