Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Three months... three years

OK, it's like a I'm a once-a-month blogger. Can that be a new thing? Well my same excuses continue regarding work on the new house, which we still haven't moved into yet. The IKEA cabinets are finally installed though! To add to my list of distractions, my daughter's daycare provider quit on me and I'm scrambling to find care for the summer until she starts preschool in September. How she's almost three years old, I have no idea! It makes me nostalgic so I'm going to share a layout I recently completed (yes, I am VERY behind) from when she was just about three months old. The journaling details how I when we first talked about naming our daughter, I didn't want people to call her "Dolly" as a nickname but it has since stuck and totally fits her.


No special techniques used here. It's a hybrid layout. I printed the journaling out directly onto white cardstock. Created the title block digitally, printed it out and glued it on over two rectangles and a strip of patterned paper. Added a sticker and a flower gem. I am proud to report that I used a WAY old piece of patterned paper from my stash. The brown piece is from one of those Paper Pizzazz 8.5 by 11 booklets. Probably some of the first scrapbooking paper I ever bought, way back in the early 90s -- before 12 by 12 paper was even available, I think! I pared it up with some "modern day" Basic Grey (hearts) and DCWV (plaid).




No comments:

Post a Comment