Monday, February 24, 2014

4th birthday boy card

Yes, I have been crafting. Here and there. No I have not been blogging. Anywhere.

Here's a quick card that I made for a four-year-old whose birthday party my daughter went to over the weekend. I got to make it in the time that my daughter made her own card. Hers mostly involved scribbles, so I had to pull this together pretty quickly.


Ran some scrap navy cardstock through my Texture Boutique (really almost typed Bowtique there -- entirely too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse has been playing at our house) for the background. Cut some scraps into banners using the quick square punch technique. (Just slide the end of the strip into a large square punch at a 45 degree angle, squeeze and you've got a banner.) Stamped the birthday boy's name letter by letter onto white cardstock, cut out freehand and edged with blue ink. Stole a foam number four from my daughter's craft stash, tied around a piece of bakers twine and the card was done. With 20 minutes to spare before we had to leave for the party. Whew!

Funny, I looked back at cards I've made for the same kid the past two years, and apparently I think banners and bunting when I think of him.

Last year's card:
The year before:
I'm definitely going to have to come up with something new next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment