Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bold Ballerina thank you card

It's the end of the school year. It's thank you season. Teachers, coaches, babysitters, you name it, whatever your child is moving on from, you need to give a thank you. I didn't want to spend a ton on thanks yous this year so I decided to include a handmade card. I made the outsides and my daughter scribbled all over decorated the insides.

First up was a card for my daughter's dance teacher. I wanted to create a special card because she was so patient with my hesitant daughter, even buying her special stickers to entice her to go on stage at the recital and holding her her entire time they were backstage. I decided to make something that reflected their recital costume.


I made the leotard by freehand cutting the shape out of yellow cardstock and running it through my Texture Boutique to emboss the swirls. Then I experimented with a few different ways to make the tutu (folding a doily, overlapping scalloped circles cut from vellum) and then I remembered I had crepe paper left from my daughter's birthday party. It took a few minutes to pleat and gather the tops to form a half circle but I think the effect really works. I used glue dots to adhere. Dressed it up with some gems, a strip of glittery patterned paper, a yellow border made with the EK Success Moroccan Lace border punch and pink gingham ribbon tied in a knot. Stamped the sentiment (which was harder that I expected because it's a wood mount stamp and I have gotten so used to using clear stamps) and it was ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment